Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Inauspicious. Austinlicious.

About a month ago I started making a point of getting out of the apartment and out for semi-regular strolls. Things quickly snowballed despite the Texas August heat and shortly thereafter circumstances permitted my safely and successfully hiking a greater-than-marathon distance more-or-less on a whim. According to the Google Play Store's cheapest pedometer app, over the course of 12 hours and 34 minutes of walking (spread out over 18 or 19 total hours), the total distance from that day's walk measured 37.11 miles.

Walking that sort of distance gave me a good deal of time to think. One thought was of getting this blog going, which I'm finally doing these several weeks later half as an act of procrastination and half because the tasks I'm currently avoiding are themselves surrounded by enough hard, complex, interesting, scary stuff that it'd be valuable for me to process that here in further posts. That will all come after I detail that first marathon hike: there's plenty to unpack.

I guess that makes me a fitness and lifestyle blogger now. Weird.

No comments: